Sunday, October 8

Venice, Italy

After arriving late on the train with no planned accomidation I decided to sit at a bar with a group of people who I overheard talking about the Red Sox. Even though a hostel was right down the street I decided to chill out with them. Hopefully the girl from Peabody would let me stay with her...

I woke up early to see the sights and get back on the road. As beautiful and romantic as Venice is it is very expensive and I am travelling alone, I don't need romance. I climbed to the top of Campanile di San Marco since I like to climb to the tallest points in the destinations I travel to. At ninety-eight meters high I had a wonderful few of the 117 islands Venezia is built on as well as the 150-or-so canals and 400-plus bridges connecting the islands. My second trip to Venice and it was as breathtaking as the first. After a nice italian lunch and a few more hours walk taking pictures of the canals and buildings I headed back for the train station to make my way to Switzerland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Office Depot
Web Page Counter

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.