Thursday, September 14

Paris, France (2) and Brussels, Belgium

Today consisted of some quite morbid activities. A trip to Jim Morrison's Grave and a journey through the twisted catacombes. Next was an afternoon train to Brussels for one night. Jim Morrison's body has been laid to rest in the most visited cemetary in all of Europe. Although great to pay respects to such a ledgend, his grave was less than spectacular for being such a motivational rock icon. Afterwards, I jumped on a 2 hour train to Brussels with no planned accommidation.



Planning on leaving for Brugge that night, I left my pack in a train station luggage bin. The Grand Place was amazing and the Mannekkin Pis statue reminded me of a figurine my mother once had, but I never knew of its origin...now I know: Brussel, Belgium.In Brussels that night I stopped into the Delerium Café: a pub which holds the Guinuess Book Record for beers served commercially. I met a couple Belgian girls who spoke Flemish, French and English and ...Censored... The next morning I had a belgian waffle for breakfast and hopped on an intercity Belgian train to Brugge, Belgium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Office Depot
Web Page Counter

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.